Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

ING/Capital One Merger

So, I just found out that Capital One has plans to take over my beloved ING Direct. This merger would effectively make Capital One the 5th largest bank in the nation.
I don't know how I feel about this, honestly.

I do not have the greatest history with credit cards and Capital One, to me, is primarily a credit card company.

This spells bad news, kids. I think that's how I feel. Or maybe... Apprehensive. I think that's a good word for it.

I am curious to see where this leads. Will the bank become "too big to fail" as the financial predictors are saying? And what was the last company that was "too big to fail"? Oh, was that Enron? I think it may have been.

There's nothing I, as a sole consumer with no real voice, can do here. I'll just put on my hardhat and duck under my desk when the fallout comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment