Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

I destroyed Christmas!

Yes, I did. We finally took down the office Christmas tree. And by we, I mean, the people who originally put it up. I sat at my desk, reading food blogs and laughing at their frustrations. Then they threw the tree away. A perfectly good, 2 year old, pre-lit Christmas tree that probably cost more than I make in a week.

And once again, I am flabbergasted at the sheer ability of this company to just throw insane amounts of money away BECAUSE THEY CAN.


And I present you with a terrible iPhone photo of said Christmas tree. There is nothing wrong with this. I work with lazy people who have too much money.

/sigh.

On a completely unrelated note: my savings account is not looking so pathetically small anymore. I have it set up to autodraft 50.00 every paycheck. Today I noticed that the amount was sitting at 124 dollars. That's an uneven amount. The OCD in my brain did not like it. So I transferred 6.00 over into my savings account, just to make it even.

I've also screwed up my checkbook system this year already. I cannot do math apparently. This is also made harder when I can't read my own handwriting. At some point in the last month I not only FORGOT to log an entire transaction, I somehow made 40.00 subtracted from 240.00 become 280.00. And then I kept up the subtractions from this snafu. Do not ask me how I did this. I have been sick since Christmas, but this was long before that.

It makes my brain hurt still.

So I wiped my entire check register clean and just started over from today, hoping that the mess will fix itself when everything clears my account in a few days.

This leaves me no money for the next 2 weeks.

Which I can deal with. I do need to put gas in my car, but I have enough for that. I also paid my utility bill today and rent, so I'm good on those for another month.

This weekend my plan is to read another book or two for the 50 book challenge.

I also want to go through my closet and get rid of all the clothes I know I will never wear. I have a goodwill pile started already, I just need to actually try things on and get rid of the things I will never wear.

Alright, goals for the weekend:
1. Read 1 maybe 2 books
2. Go through closet
3. Try new recipe (as yet determined)

No comments:

Post a Comment