Thursday, January 5, 2012

50 Books in 2012 Challenge

I set a reading goal every year. It is usually to read something between 50 and 100 books between January 1 and December 31. This year my official reading goal is 100 books.

But for the sake of being neighborly, I'm joining Zim's 50 books in 2012 challenge.

I also own a lot of books. As soon as I figure out how to link my Goodreads account to this blog, I'll post a link to my profile there. (Edit: Goodreads DOES work from the work computer. It hadn't been previously. Here is the aforementioned profile link.) The "to-read" shelf is where I log all the books I actually own and have NOT read yet. That's how I keep track of what is already in my house, clogging up my bookshelves.

I'm going to try to accomplish this book challenge by only reading books I already own. No more book buying for this girl. The goal is to declutter, not add more books to my already overflowing bookshelves.

I tend to read more than one book at a time as well. Right now I'm currently working on both Interview With The Vampire by Anne Rice AND Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell.

One of these books has been on my shelf for several years. And by several, I mean since high school. (You can probably figure out which one that is.) The other was found at the best used bookstore in Nashville for something like a dollar. McKay's is my favorite place to trade books in for more books. And don't I sound like a commercial right now?

I honestly haven't bought a new book from a bookstore since I stopped working in a bookstore. They are overpriced. And I never bought too many then. I mean, who can afford to buy books on bookstore wages? Not me. I had other things to spend my money on. And that, my friends, is a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment