Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Frugal Challenge: No Spend August

I'm setting a goal for myself this month. I cannot spend any money on food that I did not make myself that did not come from a grocery store. I've tried this once before, in February, and it didn't end too well. Well, I'm not so good reaching goals when I have no prize on the other side. This time, however, there is a prize. It is not something I want to talk about, but there is a very real possibility of a relocation in my future. So, I need to see how much money I can save in the meantime.

Since we are only at day 2 in August, I'll recap yesterdays food purchasing and consumption.
I spent 6.00 on a club sandwich and chips and a soda at the cafe in the building. 5.00 of it was given to me by a coworker since I wrote her a check for her lunch last week (the cafe only takes cash or checks, making it almost impossible for us non-cash users to eat there). Payback meant free lunch. So, despite actually EATING food I didn't make, I didn't really spend any of my own money on it. I know, I know. I should have saved the 5.00 and put it in my piggy bank for a rainy day, but I was hungry dammit and sometimes I just don't have leftovers to bring in. I'm going to start working on that. Making a legit dinner every night again will be good for me. Something I can eat multiple times.

Today I have four cheese rice with chicken for lunch. I hope it reheats okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment