Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Job Offer

I had a job interview yesterday. I think they are going to formally offer me the job, but I'm not sure if I want to leave my current situation.

I don't know how much money the new job will offer me, but I know that I would have substantially more to do there and have room to grow, with the potential to move up within the company. I really don't have that here. But here, I basically get paid to do whatever I want, as long as I man the front desk and answer the phones and greet the guests.

This is the conundrum.

My health insurance here is not expensive, but my coverage is not that great. My 401K match is better than what the new job is offering me. The health insurance there is more than twice what I pay now, but the coverage seems a lot more comprehensive. Less deductibles and an actual prescription cost coverage AND an FSA. None of which I have right now. Yes, I could, but I chose the lowest cost plan for a reason. To save myself the money. But I also have to pay for parking here. The parking is free at the new job. But I don't think the savings from the parking cost would make up the difference of the more expensive health insurance. And I'm not sure if Dental and Vision are included with the health coverage or not. I'm going to assume not.

This is stressing me out.

Although, I'm also stressed out by the fact that my cumulative balance in all of my accounts is less than $1000. It hasn't been this low in months. I did just spend $550 to get my brakes pretty much rebuilt and another $135 on my kitty cat to go to the vet.

Oh. The never-ending money woes that encompass my life. /sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment