Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Book Review: Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter

I had this book forced on me by a drunken friend who told me that I should read this book, that I would really enjoy it. I'm pretty sure the words "right up your alley" came out of his mouth. So I shoved the book in my purse and continued my drunken book talk. I think we talked about Michael Pollan after that. Who knows. Anyways, I made it home with the book in tow and promptly forgot about it. But after a few days of reading The Witching Hour, I was ready for a change.

I read this book in about 4 hours, at work one really slow day. I am not joking. I read this book at work, which I probably shouldn't admit to, but oh well.

It was not bad. It read quickly, the story line flows with ease and there weren't too many heavy historical anecdotes that required my full attention. To me, this book was very fluffy. Reading this was kind of like having a long day at work and then going home to sit on the couch and watch 90210. It doesn't require much actual thought and serves to clean your brain of anything too messy.

I feel like this book was playing with the vampire craze of late a little too hard though. It felt very much like it was riding on the coat tails of a greater trend and trying to bank on the bank-ability of anything remotely fangy and horror-ish.

It was a good story though. I did enjoy it, for what it was. 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment